I was asked recently by an blogger for ideas of what to blog about, so I thought I would share my thoughts with everyone here!
First you should know who your audience (your target market) is. The main categories I can think of are:
- AT students (either yours or in general)
- People who know nothing about AT
- People in a specific niche, e.g. actors, runners, etc.
- Other AT teachers
In general the best blog posts are personal, educational and/or entertaining. In my opinion blog posts should not be directly selling your services.
If you sometimes have trouble knowing what to blog about, here are some ideas I have come up with:
- Your own story/journey with the Technique
- Explanations/examples of AT ideas/principles
- Comparisons of AT with other disciplines
- Ways AT benefits/addresses specific conditions, e.g. back pain, RSI
- How AT aids performance, e.g. stage fright, stage presence
- Ways AT has helped you doing a specific activity, e.g. walking, working at the computer, dancing, running, playing an instrument, washing the dishes, brushing your teeth, etc. etc.
- Addressing questions you have been asked by students/people who want to know about AT
- What is the AT? / What the AT is not!
- Journaling your progress with the Technique (esp. AT pupils/students and trainees)
- About an AT procedure – e.g. Constructive Rest, Whispered Ah
- About AT and new research/developments in science, medicine…
- A response to current article or news item
- Book/product review
If you have other suggestions, please use the comments below. Of if you would like to see blogs on a certain subject, please let us know that too!